To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:38 PM
Subject: [MBZ] little metal (?) balls in the cylinder

When I helped my friend do the head gasket on his mother in laws 84 300SD, in each cylinder were a few little metal-looking balls. Not perfectly round, much smaller than a BB and each one had a single dimple. What on earth could those have been?

 Thanks,

 Chris

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2006 GSD, "Anke"
-1985 300SD, 217K, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 117K, "little blue klatter box"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"