Ok Don wrote re: the dashlights in my explorer:

"Yup - trade it for another car  ;-)"

When we first bought the Explorer, I would have agreed completely with
you. In fact, I was looking for things to go wrong, so we could get rid
of it.  This is the first Ford I have ever had and I was prejudiced
against it (I am sure that is because I was a Service Manager at a GM
dealership). I have owned 30-35 cars in my short life and didn't really
want to learn about a new brand. Even though I didn't want the car, my
wife REALLY did.  It was one of those battles that is not worth winning,
so I relented.  Well, since then this stupid Ford has been perfect.  It
has over 100K and nothing has gone wrong except the dashlights. The
driver's seat is very uncomfortable, but my wife likes it and I don't
have to drive it except on short trips. I still constantly complain
about it and try to convice her we need to sell it (don't tell her I had
good things to say about it.).

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 133K

1997 Ford Explorer 106K