OK - I might need to try that route. I have been driving 412 from
Tulsa to Mountain Home. Lots of curves, but no climbs worthy of
remembrance.

On 12/11/06, Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
When's the last time you drove I-540 from Alma to Fayetteville?  There's  the
one hill leading to the tunnel.  3 miles at a solid 80% full throttle to
maintain 70mph.  Slows nearly all semis to 50mph or less.  Full throttle will
generally gain about 1mph per 5 seconds or so with my SD, slightly better with
the CD.  The very next hill (north bound) is just as steep, if not more so, but
shorter...only 1.5 miles.  That's about the best you can find....unless you run
the gorgeous Highway 71 between Alma and Fay...

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK