To: "Mercedes List" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:43 AM
Subject: [MBZ] 124 blower motor.

The cirping crickets in the '90 124 have gotton almost unbearable at low blower motor speed. Not noticeable at high speed. So it's either high speed or off these days.

How does one access this unit. I've heard it is through the cowl screen on the engine side of the firewall. Is this correct and how easy is it? Can the bearing be fixed or lubed or is a new assy required. Any help would be appreciated.

Ralph W.
'83 300CD     '82 300TD (2 parts wagons)
'90 300D       '01 E320 Wagon
'87 300TD