Thanks E.!
----- Original Message ----- From: "ernest breakfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hella Head Lights

hi Tom!

   i'd suggest starting with a good set of H4 'euro-code' lamps; truly
good quality lights are definitely worth the money, and you'll quickly
wonder why you didn't switch to a set of 'real' lights sooner!

   i've used a variety of them over the last couple of decades in
multiple vehicles, and my preference has been for CibiƩ lamps with Osram
Bulbs. (i'm using a set of Narva +50 bulbs in our 300D now that are
proving to be a close second.)
   my issues with the Hellas we've tried are twofold; one is that the
high and low beam patterns are typically too far apart, so that if you
have the high beams aimed properly down the road, the low beams will not
project far enough forward. the second is that the lenses on the Hellas
seem to be more brittle; the H4 users in my family have had more Hella
lenses break than all others combined.
   as for anything labeled Zenon/Xenon, i wouldn't spend *anything* for
it. most of what's advertised under the misuse of those terms isn't
appropriate, and some is actually detrimental. if you're using true H4
sealed bulb lamps, you have your choice of bulbs in a variety of Wattage
combinations already if you decide you need more than the typical
55/60W. (most people quickly find out that with proper lamps, they don't
need extra wattage like they thought they might.)

   try what's been working for most of the rest of the world where they
weren't subject to the arcane absurdities of DOT lighting regulations
first, then see if you need to do anything else.   ;-)

   this can can be a lot of help:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com

cheers!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Do allot of 1:00AM in the morning driving schlepping all over the Northeast
with work.  Eyes are getting worse. Car is a 1979 240D.
Anyone hook up these Hella lights with zenon bulbs on a 123 chassis? If so
is it a noticeable difference,  is it worth 87 smackers plus freight?

Regards Tom Scordato