In the 8 years I had Saab 900S's and was on the Saab lists, people always recommended MERCEDES coolant for the 900's! There was something in the MB stuff that protected the gaskets in the 1989-93 ones that had a weakness (something in the alloy on the head and the SS had a bad chemical reaction that resulted in many head gasket replacements.)

There were a few "Marshalls" on those lists and all said "synthetic in the manual gearboxes and MB antifreeze."

Wonderful cars, those manual shift 900S's.  I love them.

John Peterson

Sunil Hari wrote:
I put the Zerex G-05 in my Saab 900S (and a new t-stat) and am achieving
operating temperatures without overheating (unlike with the green stuff,
where it wouldn't go above cold).