That is an old time trick.....You can do it with water on a gasser, not sure how a diesel would react to that..........For an old gasser you can get the engine warm, bring up the R's to about 2500 and SLOWLY trickle water into the carb throat. Careful, not too much. Don't want to stall it or hydrolock the engine.

Mike
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] carbon removal

<<I'm not sure but it looks like a Jetta TDI and it looks like they just
dump seafoam into the intake... I can't imagine why that new a car would need
decarboning...>>

The M112 V-6 (like mine) has a carbon on the piston tops problem due to EGR and no amount of fast driving will get rid of it. My dealer decarboned mine (warranty) by pouring some kind of potion into it, smoking up the neighborhood. I
could tell the difference.

RLE