To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cruise Control 1984 240D

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, MICHAEL ESH wrote:

The cruise works on my 240D , however when I set it at 70 mph it always drops back to 65 mph. Or if I set it at 75 mph it drops back to 70 mph. Is there an adjustment on these? Other than this problem the cruise works great.

Sounds like bad capacitors in the amp. pretty classic symptom.
Electrolytics are only good for 15 years or so. There are a couple of us
who have changed out the caps with great success. (I think one of the
Don's did/does)

While replacing them it makes sense to resolder every joint on that board
as the solder used was pretty crappy and is prone to breakage and/or bad
joints. I ended up desoldering everything and resoldering it all with
fresh solder and it worked like new!

Personally I dont like using cruise (much) since it makes it too easy to
zone out.  Of course it would be more fun to have autobahns here in
america too ;)

-j.