Man, the general concensus seems to be that the Pac. NW consists of a
majority of wierdos. Growing up in AZ, there was a joke that California was
"the land of the fruits and nuts." Maybe all the Californians moved north
and all the Mexicans have moved to their north as well.

And this notion of organized resistance and protests, etc. to people moving
in and "californicating" Washinton - wow. I bet the majority of these
protesters would consider the same type of protesting against foreign
immigration to be one of the cardinal sins.

Whatever, it won't be the first time I've felt the "you ain't from around
here" syndrome (having moved from Tucson to a relatively small town in
Minnesota - with a bald head at the time).

Actually, when we were checking out our probable new town Bainbridge Island,
we were very surprised that we didn't run into any of the sort of resistance
I'm hearing of. People seemed pretty genuine and welcoming even when they
heard we're moving there. Maybe they've got their own version of "Minnesota
Nice" (which, we've found, is skin-deep - be nice face to face, and thus
gather a bunch of information to be used in gossip sessons later).

Brian

Alex wrote:

And if Washington isn't weird enough for you, come on down to Oregon.  We
have a much worse economy, but we make up for it: marijuana and machine
guns
are both legal here.  ;)

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo