"Trampas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The most common AC leak is the expansion valve, second in my opinion
> is the charging ports, then front compressor seals and finally
> evaporator.  Some late models had lots of evaporator problems.

My W123 300D will not hold an AC charge.  Leaks down in less than a
week.  My mechanic put a dye in the system and could not locate the
leak.  He said he checked the expansion valve (it's behind the
glovebox, right?)  The only thing he could not get at was the evap.

It was convereted to R134 by a prior owner.

Does that sound like the evap is the problem, then, or could it be the
expansion valve but for some reason the dye did not appear there?

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230