To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Brake pad sensor wires

Umm... There are a couple of parts there; there are sensor wires- one inserted in each pad, that run to a connector block, these are trivial to replace; then there is the wiring harness, which has one end bolted to the caliper and the other end is somewhere in the bowels of the wiring harness within the vehicle. If a sensor wire was snapped, thats easy. If the other wire was destroyed.... ick.

-j.
1985 300d (223K "Gerta")
1991 Cherokee (149K "fishbowl")
1999 E300Dt (106K unnamed) (the squeaky one)
1999 E300Dt (140K unnamed) (the leaky one)