On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > My wife's G4 is up 70 seconds from the press of the button...>>
> >
> Perhaps I should have said more specifically "the elapsed time from pressing
> the on button on the box to the AOL voice announcement "you've got mail" is
> 1:15. This wouldn't happen on dialup but since I'm using Comcast high-speed
> things are quick.

Yep thats about right.. hers is doing osx 10.4.8 and is 70 secs, so 75
isnt too far off ;)

> Or was there another point you had?

Nope that was it

When is the last time you booted a 5 year old PC with the NEWEST pc os and
had ANYTHING (let alone a desktop with your apps started) in 75 seconds?

Heck will they even pass the windows banner in 75 seconds?

And out of sleep is sub-5-seconds. I'm impressed!
-j.