David Brodbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> andrew strasfogel wrote:
>> Then it's the monovalve or the crumbly foam connector pipe behind
>> the glovebox.
>
> If it were the crumbly connector pipe he'd still get heat in defrost
> mode, which ignores the temperature sender.  It's almost got to be
> the monovalve.

I tend to agree.  I had intermittent heat in my 300D (was getting more
and more intermittent, i.e. COLD).  I installed a new monovalve
insert, and it's now working again.

Though, I am wondering if I have other ACC issues.  I normally run
with first button inboard on the right selected (righmost button being
"off").  I let the blower speed auto-adjust.  With the dial set for
heat, and cold outdoor temps, I get some airflow out the floor vents,
some out the the side vents, and very little (but detectable) air flow
out the center vents.  The airflow is not what I would consider
high-volume (compared to other cars I've owned) even when the interior
is below the set temperatire and the blower is running on the highest
automatic speed.

Overall question, does this sound normal?  Temperature regulation does
seem to work, though it does take some time for the interior to attain
the set temperature.

I'm not sure what any of the middle buttons do.  Does not seem to make
a lot of difference which one I select.  The solid/outlined up and
down arrows have no intuitive meaning to me.

Defrost (the far left button) works fine.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230