> <<Avgas and JetA weigh in at 6#/gal, water is 8ish, I would guess oil is
> closer to 6, maybe a bit more.  A big bucket swinging around on a wet
> oily wing seems to weigh a TON!>>

For flight planning purposes, avgas weighs 6 pounds per gallon and engine oil
weighs 7.5 pounds. Or so said the FAA when I went to ground school. Of
course, standard passenger weight was 170 pounds in those days and just
recently
that number was raised since the percentage of obese passengers has gone up.
Way
up.

BTW, the oil tanks in a Grumman Goose hold 14 gallons per side.

RLE