To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] B-17

<<Yeah, the Confederate Air Force has what I believe to be the last
operating one.......>>

Au contraire. I had the opportunity to walk through a meticulously restored
B-17F in the private McCaw hangar at Renton Airport a few years ago.

From the Museum of Flight's website:

"The Museum's carefully restored aircraft is the only flyable B-17 F-model
left in the world. During World War II, it served as a stateside crew trainer. After the war, the plane was used as a chemical sprayer and fire bomber. The Museum's Fortress also appeared in movies, including The Thousand Plane Raid (1968), Tora! Tora! Tora! (1969), and Memphis Belle (1989) during its flying career. The plane is currently hangared at Renton Municipal Airport in Renton,
Washington and is undergoing routine maintenance and inspection."

RLE