John W. Reames III wrote:
> http://baltimorechronicle.com/2007/011907Parry.shtml
>
> "There is no expressed grant of habeas in the Constitution; there's a
> prohibition against taking it away," Gonzales said.
>
> Don't you LOVE tri-state logic?

No. I don't. Habeus Corpus is a right which was established by the Magna
Carta, back when the tension was between saxons and normans, and it
basically was a protection against being imprisoned, tortured and/or
executed for no legal reason. It is the foundation upon which all other
rights are based.

Without habeus corpus, any one of us can be hauled off in the dead of
night and "disappeared" for nothing more than having pissed off the
powers that be.