GO FOR IT!  You'll never see another like it.

On 2/2/07, Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was at the bank last week and I saw an elderly gentleman get out of a
VERY nice 123 300D.  I was right behind him in line and we had a few
minutes to talk because the line was moving VERY slow.  I asked him
about his car and he seemed very pleased that someone asked about it.
We continued our discussion outside and he showed me more of the car.
He had a 1984 300D with 23,000 miles (he was the original owner).   It
was perfect!  I don't mean perfect for a 20+ year old car, I mean
PERFECT! It was that Charcoal grey color with the grey/black interior.
I have never seen one of these cars that looked like it was BRAND NEW.
I couldn't believe how nice it was.  The only potential drawback was
that he smoked big ole cigars in the car (his wife won't let him smoke
anywhere else).  I liked the smell, it wasn;t like cigarettes, it was a
very rich humidor type smell (I am a cigar smoker, so I guess not
everyone would appreciate it)

He started it up and it sounded great and had the tiniest amount of
smoke at start up and that's it.  I was drooling over the car.  We
talked more and he said that he was considering getting rid of it
because he was going to move to Florida and his wife really wanted to
take the Minivan.  He said he was 80 years old and just didn't need a
second car.  I begged him to give me first chance to buy it.  He said he
would when it came time to sell it.   He seemed really pleased that
someone noticed how nice it was.  He also said he had ALL his service
done at the Mercedes Dealer and they never drooled over the car they way
I did.  Here's hoping I get a chance to buy this car.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 134K