From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 2:55 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cold start wear

> <<I always do that with my freight trains! Doesn't seem applicable to my
> cars. Almost all automobile engine wear is cold start wear.>.

I have a Porsche 911 factory shop manual from 1968 that states that startup
wear is equivalent to 200 miles at full throttle. Keeping in mind that all
their engines were air-cooled in those days and top speeds were in the range
of
130-140mph.

So here they are endorsing Mobil1 0W40 more than thirty years before it was
introduced.

RLE