Allan Streib wrote:
> Wrenches.  If you have deep sockets and flex adapters that will help,
> stubby combination wrenches are also useful.  Getting at the plugs can
> be a little tight unless you have really small hands.

I haven't done a Mercedes, but on VW diesels I find those ratcheting
box-end wrenches to be really helpful for this job.  They're flat enough
to get down where the plugs are and the ratcheting action means you only
need a little bit of swing to make progress.

>> 3) Are there any pitfalls?

Don't overtighten them.  You can really shorten the life of the plugs
that way.