Michael Baker wrote:
> David,
> I must have made some sense to you as you only objection is
> semantics. However, there's no confusion here. Climate is merely the
> tapestry woven by every day's weather. If one is predicting climate
> then one is merely predicting what the weather will be like over a
> period of time.

Not at all.  Climate is a long term average over a wide area, and tends
to be predictable, whereas day-to-day weather for any given location is
chaotic.  I point this out because the fact that you don't understand it
to me means all your other rationalizations are suspect.

To use an automotive example, I can say with pretty high certainty that
if I average the fuel economy of my Ford over an entire year, it will
get very close to 20 mpg.  However, if I try to specify what my fuel
economy for any given day is, I could be way off, because I might get
stuck in a traffic jam and spend a lot of time idling.