Hello fellow Mercedes enthusiasts!

A couple months ago, I posted this message about a 300D that I was checking out only to find out that the owner wasn't home. This is the original post.

I'm
looking at another Mercedes, a classic 1982 300D that my dad spotted while driving around town. It ain't nuttin but black, black exterior, black interior, black tires, and black diesel soot in the oil. The hair from my black Lab guide dog will blend in nicely. Wifey said that it's Hubby's car, and he's currently in Kaleb Land. I left my number, so if Kaleb doesn't find him and offer $400 for it, I've got a chance hahahahaha!!

Now, "Hubby" is back in town, so I'm going over tomorrow to look at it and see how it runs and drives. I thought it was a 1982, but it's a 1985, the last of the W123's and the 617 turbodiesel, 160K miles IIRC, 150 miles on brand new Michelin tires, straight and clean, good engine and transmission although it shifts a bit harder than Wifey likes (probably normal for a Mercedes). Hopefully, it's a good runner and everything that he said about the car is true. It's had some work done to the engine, so hopefully, he's got the receipts. I want another Mercedes, gotta have it, I need it, I've got the disease!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300SD 266K miles, Ursula
possibly a 1985 300D 160K miles