I think the full genesis of this and all the mbz lists occurred when the faithful on the old MBCA lists (with Kathy Kennel as list Mom) were summarily killed by a few hard heads in the club, and a new way of communicating sprang up outside of the club auspices. Many people played a role in getting these started, there was even some volunteer money changing hands at first - even donated equipment, I believe. The fact that at least some of these lists have survived and morphed into what we have now is a tribute to a few faithful workers, and lots of people who are willing to share their experiences with others.

Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "LT Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sludge Issues/my 0.02

So ... what you are saying is that your making Stu stew was the Genesis of
what we now have?

(That might or might not be a good thing, you know.)

On 2/13/07, Gary Hurst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

ritter and company felt this deserved the life ban, which in turn created
mbz.org which was the foundation for buymbparts.com and whatever survives
of
these enterperises today, which would include this very list.

stu ritter -- maker of history!