> <<I saw some pics last year of a Porsche GT that some idiot borrowed, and
> floored in a low gear. Instant offroad excursion into a utility pole.
> The idiot was supposedly a stand-up guy, who bought a replacement the
> next day (I think it would take me more than a day to find one of those)>>

I happen to have personal knowledge of that Carrera GT crash and that
particular version of events (which I saw and believed) was complete BS. The
car was
in for some service or other and the shop owner decided to take 'er for a
spin. His claim that another car "cut him off at the intersection" was a little
thin since the intersection was 700 feet back.The car was totalled the moment
the firewall hit the pole.

RLE

 AOL now offers free email to everyone.