Agreed.  They have 12v automotive applications for LED's all over.  I've
bought some LED trailer lights.  Guess what?  They work.  Much better than
regular ones too.  I'd be willing to bet they'll last a lot longer than
regular bulbs...

Come to think of it, I seem to recall an old electronics kit I had with
variable voltages and light.  When I was tired of it and just monkeying
around I cranked the voltage all the way up and tried out various things.
The regular bulbs blew pretty quick.  The LED was the only thing that
didn't.  (the motor spun really fast for a minute, but that's not related to
lights)  (:

Levi