Anyone who ever was in the down-wind area of the paper mills in Tacoma knows about the "Aroma of Tacoma", which I've also experienced around Savannah, GA. I can just imagine what actual contact with the chemicals can do! Even a M-B wouldn't be immune to that stuff....

Werner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Potter, Tom E" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The new D-C way to design cars...

If you guys knew the NASTY stuff that is used in paper mills, you would
not want one near you. It takes some REALLY strong chemicals to make
that white paper, and the byproducts were pumped into holding ponds near
the plants. All life in or around these ponds died of course. In the old
days, they just pumped it into the river. Just the vapors from this
stuff would eat (not just corrode) copper and brass fixtures (motor
armatures, valves, etc.). I worked near one in Brunswick, GA, for a few
months years ago. It was a learning experience.

Tom Potter