-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christopher McCann
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 9:12 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The new D-C way to design cars...

Interesting you bring up paper mills. For the most part, the USA is like
a third world country when it comes to paper. We export pulp as a raw
material and then re-import it as paper that is manufactured elsewhere -
most of it, I think, in Finland. Indeed, there will be no paper mills
here soon.

CM

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Jim very good / truthful wisdom below.  When Caddy
came out with a truck and
called it the "escapade" that was another
nail in coffin for the US auto market.  In 30 years or less there will
be no
more US car manufactures or Paper Mills for that matter.

As a country you need to make things and sell them to ourselves and the
world.  We did this (very well once) when we were economically great,
hungry
and humble about it.
Now we pat ourselves on the back for being a consumer nation with a
strong
army and navy. A "service economy"  We are just supporting the
demographics
(of 320 million people all
looking for a home in the suburbs) now and not very well I might add as
the
two class system is rising to the top again, the haves and have nots.
It
always does
when money and things get tight.

I have heard good things about the Hyundai cars as well.  Comes from a
people/country being hungry to achieve goodness I guess.

Regards Tom
1979 240D