Glenn Brown wrote:
Considering the accident frequency, due supposedly to infrastructure (non)
up-keep, I don't think I'd like to be on a train anywhere in the U.S. these
days.  Another accident near Oneida, NY todayand there was just one a few
weeks ago near Rochester, NY.  No thanks, I'll take my chances on the
I-states.

I have no numbers to back me up.... but gut feeling says that I'm safer riding a train then going on an interstate. Just the sheer number of loony drivers alone!! In Chicago there are Metra trains that run to the suburbs... those have really got to be safer than taking the highway to work every morning. Especially once snow/ice is involved! Not saying I'm going to get on an Amtrak tomorrow though... (not in the northeast... way too expensive)

John
'79 300SD