Well Im not sure if I won or not. Never got anything saying if I won but when I check my account thing it lists the cars, and has in a column my max bid then right below it in bold(maybe the bold is above I dont remember) has the same amount. So is that saying I won? Hmmm. Seems if I didnt win my max would be listed then the final bid amount would be listed. Who knows.

Rich Thomas wrote:
Call them up and ask them how it works. I don't know about the auction part. The deal is run by this CAN Academy thing which is some sort of charter school for kids who have not done well in school but this outfit somehow helps them out. When they had auctions here in Houston it seemed pretty well organized and the people knew what they were doing, more or less. Some of the kids worked in the office, learning some skills I suppose.

You might also want to look at Insurance Auto Auctions -- I found out that the local PBS TV station runs their donated cars through IAA. IAA is a big outfit and they have locations all over, and auctions of their stuff (a lot of wrecks) every now and again. I think you need a salvage license but in TX it is cheap to get, probably same in OK. I looked at their web site once, they had listings of the stuff for sale in each location.

--R

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
so I went ahead and decided to try bidding on a couple of cars online. So how does this work, people bid sort of like ebay before the real auction then people at the real auction can outbid those that already bid online or do none of the bids start going in till the real auction? Reason I ask is that it says I am current high bidder. That seems like there is online bidding going on right now.