The real early vans had the same engine as the bug, so 40hp.

-Curt

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:44:11 -0400
From: Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1982 240D - is it worth it?
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

"R A Bennell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> One sort of learns to anticipate and drive accordingly. I don't
> think that I really hold up traffic or cause myself or anyone else a
> danger when I drive my old non turbo 300D.

Supposedly the worst were the diesel VW vans.  Something like 48 hp?

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230

---------------------------------
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Mar 23 14:11:21 2007
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:11:12 -0400
From: "andrew strasfogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] First gullible replies

Speaking of Benny Hill, does anyone watch Extras on HBO with Ricky Gervais,
original star of "The Office?  The latest episodes feature a faux Briish TV
sitcom that is so appalingly bad it is actually funny.  It features the
catch phrase "Are we havin' a laugh?".  The irony is that the show is a
commercial successful despite getting panned by critics and everyone in the
artistic community. Just thinking about it cracks me up.