Tom Potter wrote:

"I am going to look at a 1996 E320 that is for sale locally. It has the
I6 DOHC engine. It looks nice from the pictures. Please give me your
opinions on this model, as I have no experience with it."

There are others on the list that have more knowledge about these cars.
But, I will throw in my .2. These cars have some fairly consistent
corrosion problems.   Look at the front shock towers - I think a lot of
them rust out and the nothing holds the shock in place.  I think this is
also included in the line of cars that has the biodegradable wiring
harness - I have heard that is an expensive repair.   I think the
engines are great and return some fairly spectacular mileage.  I don't
recall whether these cars have the evap/ac problem also or if that is
just the latest model 124s and 140s

Despite all these problems, I think the owners of them are very happy
with them.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 136K