I've been trying to figure out how to lower the ride height in the rear of
my '87 300TD for the longest time, but to no avail.  I cut 4" out of the
springs, but it still sits too high.  A guy over on Benzworld says that
height is modified exclusively through the SLS, via the control rod between
the swaybar and valve body.  I figure he knows what he's saying, as he runs
a biz over in England exclusively selling 124 Estates (wagons).
Nevertheless, I get no change whether I lengthen or shorten the control
rod.  S'up wit dat?

I haven't been able to get him to respond with a follow up, so I turn to
yous-guys.