Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:49:47 -0400
From: "andrew strasfogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Wood Splitters
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Locust and oak are totally awesome firewood for wood stoves.

On 4/2/07, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Depends on the species of oak.  Red oak is easy to split.  White oak
is a
> little tougher.   i did so little black oak and other species, that i
> can't
> remember about them.  I think black oak was tough. - I would always
split
> what I could with a double bit axe, cause it is 8 oz heavier than
most
> single bits.  the next step for what would not split with an axe was
the
> maul.  If I could not pop it with the maul, then I went to the maul
and
> wedges.  Really knotty stuff, sometimes I'd saw it up a little first.
It
> is easier to split 10-12 inch lengths than 24" lengths
>
> I never used a hydraulic splitter, so i don't know how the
productivity
> factors differ.

---------------------------------
 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Apr 03 21:27:28 2007
From: Redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:27:27 -0700
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SD lust w116

Mad dash through all the possible models when she comes home trying
to describe a really "Cute" benz she saw.  Really likes the lines and
would be interested in driving that model.  Spend some time tracking
it down and then find some available, to have her decide she really
did not want one that badly and .....

Tease, that is what it is, a darn mean TEASE!!!! Taunt me with the
possibility of getting another diesel, dangle that in front of me,
and then yank it away!

On the other hand, I do show up with homeless benz and expect her to
be happy and make a home for them....