My car, 1990 300SEL, has a popping rubbing noise in the front end.  I
took it my Indy and it is the left control arm bushing (I forget whether
it was the upper or lower).   That is not such an unusual concern on
126, so I didn't think too much about it.  But, I was looking through
the service records for this car.  The previous owner replaced bother
control arms (and bushings)(upper and lower) on January 27, 2005.  The
car had 103,000 miles on it at the time.  So, it has been barely more
than 2 years and a 33,000 miles.  Doesn't that seem like an awfully
short life for this part.  Do I have any recourse?  If I raise hell at
my local dealer will they do anything about it?  I can't bring it back
to dealer that replaced it because it was in Tampa.  Any thoughts?

By the way, what is the typical service interval on spark plugs?

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 136K (for sale)