More importantly, the auto makers have taken the pulse of the buying
market, and are giving us exactly what we ask for. Most people would
rather buy a 300+ HP rocket than a car that got 50MPG but only got
from 0 to 60 in 15 seconds. :^(

What the article doesn't say is the reason mileage has remained a
constant is because the big automakers have derived what they consider
the MPG "pain threshold" for each market, and would rather add
performance under that pain threshold than raise the mileage.

Gary Thompson
1995 E320

On 4/6/07, andrew strasfogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But the 1992 vs. today comparisons on fuel economy may not be comparable
since EPA changed their formula for calculating the mileage.