Wilton,

I believe you'll find the procedure in the manual. You run the car for about 20 minutes and then while the car is in park and still running, check the transmission level. Add very little at a time and run the transmission through all the positions (shifting). Keep adding very little at a time until you get between marks on the stick. Eight oz. at a time is too much.

I've done this many times because I had problems with front belt shock and had to remove the radiator each time to gain access. To remove the radiator you have to drain the transmission. I drain and reuse the fluid. That problem turned out to be several pulleys were not concentric, so I changed them. However to determine the culprit you had to have a dial indicator with a sweep of .2 mm.and a range of 10mm.( think that's right). Each pulley had to be check for alignment and concentricity.

Regards,
Constantine