Widely acclaimed as a landmark film, *Deliverance* is the story of four
suburban <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suburb> professional men from Atlanta,
Georgia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta%2C_Georgia> on a weekend canoe
and camping trip. The film is noted for the memorable music scene near the
beginning that sets the tone for what lies ahead: a trip into unknown and
potentially dangerous territory. In the scene, set at a rural gas
station<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_station>,
character Drew Ballinger plays the instrumental *Dueling
Banjos<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dueling_Banjos>
* on his guitar with a mentally retarded
hillbilly<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillbilly>named Lonnie (implied
as being an
inbred <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding>
albino<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albino>in the novel, portrayed by
Billy
Redden <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Redden> in the film). The boy
eventually outplays Drew with his banjo. The song won the 1974 *Grammy Award
for Best Country Instrumental
Performance<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Country_Instrumental_Performance>
*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliverance

My point was that a Benz was "wicked strange" up in them parts -- at least
where the ex was from.

They might be a bit more common now in the Banga' area these days. And the
time of which I speak is the last half of the '70s, when anyone who had any
money was driving a Saab.

Yes, I know you're flying in and won't be driving one of your stable.

D.

On 4/22/07, Kaleb C. Striplin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The Leftentant often rambled about things that make no sense.

Craig McCluskey wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:05:02 -0500 "LT Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I suggest you rent/view the movie Deliverance.
>
> What's it about? Why do you make the suggestion?
>

> Craig

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic, (2x) 91 300D 2.5 Turbo, 90 420SEL,
  89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 84 190D 2.2,
  81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250