Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 02:49:52 -0500
From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Seeking 190D 5spd
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Who has a 190D 2.2 5 spd. they want to sell? We want to buy. That's the
headline, now I'll provide background:

Thoughts have turned this weekend to looking for a vehicle. We have
been
wanting to get something better than the 21 - 25 MPG Honda CRV we have.
We
have been thinking for some time about finding a 190D with manual
tranny. *It
is the 2.2 engine that gets the better mileage, is that right?*

After finding one and talking with the owner on the phone, we are not
very
comfortable. How many of you can relate to trying to communicate with a
seller who, when you say you're calling about the car for sale, they
say
"yeah?", or "ok?". Then you have to proceed to pry any information from
them
and they speak only when prodded to, and then only in one sentence or
shorter answers, and almost in English (oh, and when asked twice what
his
name was, he chose Mike).

This guy claims the car was given to him by a friend. He's had it
"about a
year". He was apparently unaware of the body damage clearly visible in
the
photos he posted. He claims to have records, but when asked, said they
consist of "oil change". I could go on.

BUT, I am now turning, to you in search of intelligent honesty. So who
has a
190D 2.2 5 spd. they want to sell me?

Brian
83 240D 127k mi. (keeping it)