This lying seller says he has a 84 123 that routinely gets 34-36 mpg.
Makes me wonder whether any of the ad is true.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1984-Mercedes-Benz-300D-DIESEL-NO-RESERVE
_W0QQitemZ200112133952QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6330QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He also says it does not have a turbo.   Is that true?  I thought by 84
all the 300D's had turbos.   Check out the pics, the car looks nice, but
somebody has definitely used the silver spray paint on the engine - look
at the air filter housing.

All this makes me think this guy is trying too hard to hide something.

The sad thing is, the car LOOKS really nice.  But, if you can't trust
the seller, the car is probably questionable.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 137K