Just screwing around with an old ipod trying to make sure it would
work for my 6 year old to listen to.  Got one of those off the wall
thoughts pop in to my empty head

What would the replication errors be, or would there be, if a woman
were to carry her own clone?  How many generations hence before
errors would be induced if you used the original donor in succeeding
generation vs. donation from prior generation to source the next?

Off the wall, but I am sure there is enough brain power on the list
to at least shine a very dim light on the topic

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner

Clay:

Not an expert, but there are ALWAYS replication errors; what changes
are the quantity.  After that I believe its simply a matter of
statistics of error probability taking over.  To VERY broadly
generalize if you're error rate is 1%, over 10 generations the
probability of success would be about 90%; if error rate is 99.9%,
then over the same 10 generations you'd be at about 99%. This assumes
much, perhaps the most important factor being that the error rate
would not change.

That said, with advances in science and medicine as well as cars that
are more reliable while also increasingly DIY unfriendly men are
pretty much SOL, anyway (grin).

Tony Wirtel