Then the next thing would probably be to defeat the oven lock.  Otherwise
I'm guessing that pizza would be good and crispy since you'd have to put it
in before it reached that temp and couldn't check it and you'd have to wait
until the oven cooled down before it would let you open the door..  (:

Levi

On 5/25/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Levi Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hmm...  What temperature do you need it at?  I've got an oven
> sitting in my barn that works other than the "normal" range of the
> thermostat.  i.e. it'll still hold like 700F for the clean cycle...
> Probably not much use for most things.  I think I'm gonna have to
> chuck it...

Would make a good pizza oven.  You need a *really* hot oven for a good
pizza, it's not unheard of for people to override the cleaning cycle
lockout on their home ovens to get the temperature into that range.
Commercial pizza deck ovens run at about 600 or more, the
convection/conveyor style (which IMO produce an inferior pizza) are a
little cooler.

My gas oven at home has a digital thermostat, it will go to 550 which
is just barely adequate for a good homemade pizza if you use a pizza
stone.  I've not tried the cleaning cycle trick, myself.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230