LarryT wrote:

> I must have missed something - who is this guy Phelps? is he protesting
> something?

He likes to attack military funerals, because the military isn't doing
enough to keep homosexuals out of the military. When those bozos showed
up in Michigan a couple of years ago, they didn't have those fancy signs
pictured here: http://www.baptistwatch.org/fredphelps.html

Instead, they had 'magic marker on cardboard' type signs, at least one
of which was a cartoon of a soldier humping a soldier. If you carry
THAT to my nephew's funeral, you better hope that you're still breathing
when enough of your supporters get their hands on me to pull me off you,
becuase I will grab you by the neck and smack your head on the concrete
repeatedly.
The 2nd time he tried it here, a couple hundred large tattoo'd men on
Harleys showed up to create a (somewhat menacing) human fence between
the so-called Baptists and the funeral.

Mitch.