since the AC was somewhat useful today. So, my questions are, is that thing
a shrader valve?  Either way can it be easily be replaced or otherwise
likely fixed?

It's a Schrader valve, but not exactly the same as a tire valve core.
They often start to come unscrewed, I've tightened a few which has
stopped the loss of refrigerant.  The usual tire stem tool will do
the job, or perhaps even a pair of hemostats.  If the valve itself
is shot it's easily replaced, but not easy to do without losing all
the charge!  (There are specialized tools for doing this job.)

Possibly the nasty oil/R134a combination has eaten the valve's rubber
seal.  Nobody ever talks about replacing the valves with R134a-rated
ones.  O-rings, sure.  Hoses, yes indeed.  Valves?  Dead silence.

Also, should I be seeing a lot of oil, or is that a sign that there's too
much in there?

Oil is mixed with the refrigerant, so any leak should bring some
oil with it.  If you lose enough you should replace it.

-- Jim