From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Royce Engler
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:19 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] Heresy....I'm looking at a gasser.

I drove by my Indy's shop the other day and saw a 420SEL sitting out front
with $5500 and "Sweet" painted on the windshield.  Called him today about
some work I'm thinking about doing on the 300TD and asked him about the SEL.
I thought he said it was an '87, and has about 230K on it.   It supposedly
is single owner, belonged to the owner of an oilfield tool company in
Houston, who has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and the family
wants to sell the car.  Completely maintained according to the books, and
the quick look I got, it was very nice.  Price is firm, and according to my
Indy, a bargain.  I'm going by tomorrow afternoon to take a more detailed
look and have him put it up on a rack for me.

Anybody have any thoughts about why I shouldn't jump on this one?  (other
than the fact that it's NOT a diesel...)

Royce Engler
'85 300TD  298K