I've used them in other apps, and they are top-notch. In non-MB apps, I will use their filters (also sold as NAPA Gold IIRC) preferentially (esp air and oil).

For what it is worth, Wix is made by Dana, the axle/differential people.

Dana also owns/makes:
 - "Victor Reinz" (Gaskets, the 617A head gasket set Rusty sold me was
    made by them, no problems)
 - "Long" (no idea)
 - "Spicer" (U-joints,off-highway axles)

Dana axles were used under many cherokees and wranglers (until the cherokee was changed to use the chrysler corporate diff).

-j.