This sounds like another one of those urban myths - and I also object ot the
trivialization of the term "nazi" and all the heinous acts they committed.
Government regulators are NOT "nazis" in ANY sense of the word.

If your allegation were true, than why don't ALL wiring harnesses degrade
rather than jsut some Mercedes models??

On 6/8/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Blame the eco-nazis for this one.  They _had_ good wire that lasted
> and lasted, but somebody legislated a biodegradable wiring harness.
> Same problem with paints, and, I'm told, galvanization.

Good point -- when environmental laws are passed by people who don't
know anything about the actual science involved, with deadlines that
don't allow industry enough time to find solutions that work well, the
predictable results occur, often accompanied by unpleasant,
unanticipated side-effects.

Allan
--
1983 300D