Allan Streib wrote:

> I don't think you can get internet from the sattelite companies, or if
> you can I think it requires you to use your phone for the upload side.
> Unless that's changed since I last heard anything about it...

There is one-way sattelite such as you describe, and there is two-way.
Two way costs more, and you MUST have it professionally installed, it's
illegal for you to set up a sat transmitter in your own yard. Either
way, you get weather outages and speed of light time delays. The time
delay doesn't really matter unless you are playing action games or
trading the financial markets. Throwing an extra 4 seconds of lag into
my futures trading would cost me more than I pay for internet service.
Mitch.