From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 9:11 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DSL

Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I currently have DSL because Comcast wanted $100 to turn on the cable
> modem...  Comcast made me buy the cable modem (or rent from them),
> Verizon (DSL provider) GAVE me my DSL modem which has ports for 4
> computers AND wireless. The service is cheaper and speeds are better.

My cable company allows use of your own cable modem, or you can rent one
from them.  I bought a Motorola cable modem and a LinkSys 4 port/wireless
router for my setup.  The internet service, assuming you already have cable
(which I did) is $30/month.  Only $9 more than I was paying for 56K dial-up,
after the $9.95/month promo rate I was on expired and they jumped to
$21.95/month.

DSL is not available where I live.  Too far from the concentrator.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230