"Robert Rentfro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> How'd ya fund that for $500?

I don't think he said he paid $500.  However, if you have cash on hand
and can make a decision on the spot (no "let me have my mechanic check
it out, let me get back to you after I run a carfax, etc.) you can
sometimes get a spectacular deal from a seller who just wants to be
rid of the car for some reason.

I sold a VW Jetta for less than I could have simply because I wanted
it off my insurance, out of my driveway, and somebody showed up with
cash ready to pay on the spot.

--
1983 300D
1966 230