"Alex Chamberlain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In my experience this kind of thing happens _every_ time you take a
> car to a dealer service department for two reasons: incompetent
> techs and the system that prevents you from talking to them
> directly, but to a so-called "service representative" or "service
> writer" who runs interference for them.  Unfortunately some
> independent shops are now following this model, as well (and at
> least one has lost my patronage because of it).

My indy is a one man shop.  Well his wife works there too, doing the
books I think.  I like it because whenever I call or stop by there I
talk directly to him.

In case anyone is interested:

   http://home.bluemarble.net/~qis/

Unfortunately whoever designed his web site did some goofy flash thing
that only works in IE (at least for me -- oh no wait a minute it also
works in Safari for Windows) But not *quite right* in Firefox.  Or
maybe I don't have the right FireFox plugin.  Anyway.....  His actual
shop is much more down to earth.

--
1983 300D
1966 230