Find someone with a comparable car and compare the dipsticks to see if the
length is too short.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Zoltan Finks
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 12:19 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] New car New questions

Okay, now that I am happily home with the new-to-us 87 190D (and have
my computer set up so I can email now) I naturally could use some
input on some questions - the impatient may delete.

Is the sunroof not supposed to open all the way on these smaller cars?
It slides back but looks like it should open about 6 or 7 inches more.
Is that all the farther it's supposed to open?

The transmission dipstick: It says 126 on the top of it (followed by
other numbers of course) The cap is red in color. Was a mystery before
I realized it probably is the wrong dipstick - the level read way low,
yet the tranny acted just right. The seller tried to explain this away
in lame fashion, saying that when the engine is cold, and engine is
shut off, that that is when the level should read correctly (which it
does). Fortunately, there was the operator's manual present in the
glovebox, and I was able to prove him wrong in black and white. He
insisted on holding that he was correct though. I added one pint to be
conservative (before I realized that I may have the wrong dipstick.

Brian
87 190D